Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Jacob Barrett <ja...@vmware.com> on 2021/02/25 17:04:14 UTC

Geode Native Tooling

Hey Geode Native devs,

You may have noticed this new CI that looks a lot like the Java CI. PRs will now be executed against this CI and several platforms. All unit and integration tests are executed on all the platforms as well. It also takes over the tasks of the old Travis CI of validating your sources for formatting, license and static analysis for correctness.

https://concourse.apachegeode-ci.info/teams/main/pipelines/geode-native-develop

The clang-format and clang-tidy tools used by the CI have been upgraded to clang 11. When checking locally please make sure your clang-tidy and clang-format detected by CMake is version 11. There are some slight formatting differences between clang-format 11 and the previous version 6. The new clang-tidy also detects things that version 6 did not detect.

Thanks,
Jake

RE: Geode Native Tooling

Posted by Alberto Bustamante Reyes <al...@est.tech>.
Very good news for the native client. Thanks for the improvement Jacob!

BR/

Alberto B.
Posted by Jacob Barrett <ja...@vmware.com>.

Re: Geode Native Tooling

Re: Geode Native Tooling

Posted by Ernie Burghardt <bu...@vmware.com>.
Aka different versions of clang-format are not compatible in a sense...  also, watch out for non-standard clang-format versions that may come with certain IDEs...

    https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fconcourse.apachegeode-ci.info%2Fteams%2Fmain%2Fpipelines%2Fgeode-native-develop&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cburghardte%40vmware.com%7C205541686f0144b8d73b08d8d9af6f7a%7Cb39138ca3cee4b4aa4d6cd83d9dd62f0%7C0%7C0%7C637498694801612706%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=L1X4YxLX14MVjti%2FIpvMgU%2FS0nWzJ5bN87fsuTN9Q10%3D&amp;reserved=0