Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY)" <vi...@lexisnexis.com> on 2007/04/24 23:42:38 UTC

STOMP connections hanging

Hi,

I am using AMQ 4.1.0 and noticing that every now and then STOMP client
connection hangs. I also noticed that if I kill my STOMP client abruptly
then also connections gets hang.

Any hit or area to look at will be helpful.

Thanks!

Vik

Re: STOMP connections hanging

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
On 7/20/07, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> On 7/20/07, Tom Samplonius <to...@samplonius.org> wrote:
> >
> > ----- "zeric" <ze...@126.com> wrote:
> > > Many thanks.
> > >
> > > Ruby Server <-> ActiveMQ(Stomp) <-> Java client
> > >
> > > I should use stomp protocol to connect the ActiveMQ server for the
> > > ruby only
> > > supporting stomp protocol.
> > > Any suggestion?
> > >

> >   Yes, you should use OpenWire for Java clients, and Stomp for Ruby.  OpenWire is a richer protocol than Stomp anyways, and probably faster.
> >
> > Tom
> >

> Right Tom!  so to update the digagram:
>
>  Ruby Server <-(stomp)-> ActiveMQ <-(openwire)-> Java client

And by the way, stomp runs on port 61613 and openwire is on port 61616

> --
> Regards,
> Hiram
>
> Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: STOMP connections hanging

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

Posted by Tom Samplonius <to...@samplonius.org>.

Posted by zeric <ze...@126.com>.

Many thanks.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
weird that you did not get an exception. stomp:// is only supported by
the broker.  JMS clients cannot use the stomp:// protocol to connect
the the server.  Only the server side of the stomp protocol has been
implemented by the Java ActiveMQ implementation.  If anybody is
interested in implementing the client side, please let us know.

stomp clients have been implemented for almost every other language tho.

On 7/19/07, zeric <ze...@126.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I'm using the zip file downloading from http://activemq.apache.org.
> And you can simply follow the user-guide.html in the zip file.
> -------------
> Running the broker
>     cd bin
>     activemq
>
> Running the example producer and consumer
> Once you've got Java and Ant installed correctly you should be able to run
>
>     cd example
>
> you can specify exact URLs to connect to via command like arguments. e.g.
>
>     ant producer -Durl=stomp://localhost:61613
>
> Then you will see the output.
>
> Buildfile: build.xml
>
> init:
>
> compile:
>
> producer:
>      [echo] Running producer against server at $url =
> stomp://localhost:61613 fo
> r subject $subject = TEST.FOO
>      [java] Connecting to URL: stomp://localhost:61613
>      [java] Publishing a Message with size 1000 to queue: TEST.FOO
>      [java] Using non-persistent messages
>      [java] Sleeping between publish 0 ms
>

> Tom Samplonius-2 wrote:
> >

> > ----- "zeric" <ze...@126.com> wrote:
> >> I also met this problem.
> >> Version 4.1.1, 3.2.2, 5.0, and latest snapshot were used.
> >> But no use at all.
> >>
> >> Please help.
> >
> >   Do you have a simple script which can reliably re-produce the hang?
> >

> > Tom

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: STOMP connections hanging

Posted by zeric <ze...@126.com>.
Thanks for your reply.

Posted by Tom Samplonius <to...@samplonius.org>.

Posted by zeric <ze...@126.com>.
I also met this problem.
Version 4.1.1, 3.2.2, 5.0, and latest snapshot were used.
But no use at all.

-------btw
I'm using the example from the AMQ zip file.
steps:
1.start the activemq server(on windows xp).
2.change the build.xml file.(<property name="url"
value="stomp://localhost:61613" />)
3.use ant.(ant producer)
output:

Posted by zeric <ze...@126.com>.