Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Buntu Dev <bu...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/15 19:57:14 UTC

How to override jars in java classpath

Hi -- I'm passing the jars that have patches and would like to use the
patched jars instead of the ones in the java classpath. When I pass to
'flume-ng agent .. --classpath ..', I still see the old jars ahead of the
patched jars. How can I override the default jars?

Thanks!

RE: How to override jars in java classpath

Posted by Mike Keane <mk...@conversantmedia.com>.
Try using the --plugins-path parameter to the flume-ng script

http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#the-plugins-d-directory

Posted by Buntu Dev <bu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, but I have an issue with the way classpath is constructed.
Currently the classpath includes somelib-1.0.jar and when I pass in the
patched jar say 'somelib-2.0.jar' via --classpath option then the new
patched jar seems to be appended to the java classpath. I would like it to
be prepended so that the patch fixes the issue.