Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by "Peter L. Berghold" <pe...@berghold.net> on 2008/09/22 17:34:12 UTC

what is "dojo-tomcat?"

Re: what is "dojo-tomcat?"

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.
I wasn't one of the people who worked on adding Dojo to the console.
But I do use Dojo for some simple widgets (date entry and tooltips) and
for handling AJAX.

The AJAX support in Dojo is excellent.  Obviously, it would have to be
for any javascript library to even be mentioned nowadays.  And handling
for the DOM is really straight forward.

As far as really taking advantage of Dojo, I cannot really comment.  The
big differentiator for Dojo is that it tries to include everything you
could need in a javascript library - in dynamically loaded chunks so
that you only need to download the parts you are using (besides the
standard core).

Documentation is probably their weakest point (as it is for just about
every open source project).  But even that has been getting better.
They have an active mailing list and user questions seem to be answered
rather quickly.

Hope that helps,

Jay

Re: what is "dojo-tomcat?"