Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by TechDB <te...@gmx.de> on 2013/09/29 02:24:57 UTC

Problems with Autocomplete in 6.11.0

Using 6.11.0 I did realize the following to problems in AutoComplete related
to the JavaScript:

- Indicator gets not deactivated in case of MinimumLength

	function actualUpdateChoices() {
			showIndicator();
the indicator is activated but in the case that the pre function is not met,
it will never be deavtivated

- the position of the "dropdown" is totally of

in function getPosition(obj) {
	var rectangle = obj.getBoundingClientRect();
	var leftPosition = rectangle.left || 0;
	var topPosition = rectangle.top || 0;
        obj = obj.offsetParent;
       while (obj && obj !== document.documentElement && obj !==
document.body) {
           topPosition += obj.offsetTop || 0;

==> the positions are now evaluated using getBoundingClientRect but there is
still a loop to add to this positions using the parent offsets.

Im quite sure that the deactivation of the indicator was just forgotten, but
with the offset thing I am not sure if it allways will deliver wrong
results. At least for all autocomplete we use in our applications we have to
remove the offsetpart

Greetings Jan

Re: Problems with Autocomplete in 6.11.0

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your feedbacks, I'm working on a patch!

Posted by TechDB <te...@gmx.de>.
Done:

WICKET-5382

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Please file a ticket.
A quickstart will help to fix it faster.
Thanks!