Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/15 11:55:08 UTC

[SDO Java] 1.0 Release Content Review

The IRC chat to review the SDO release content didn't work out (I'd be
interested in any feedback why that was), so here's a review of the
discussions that have gone on recently on the lists.

The discussion thread [4]  and othere posts came up with for features that
are candidates for 1.0, but don't have volunteers to implement ....

Steffen and Bert's Databinding, dataobject <-> UI Component [1]
Daniel's XML load options [2]
Daniel's request to support "Evolution of a specific SDO structure over
time" supported by Ron [3]
Christian's request for facet access and validation (part of the release
content discussion thread) [4] -- a multipart request that could be split
into smaller chunks
David Adcox's request for handling multiple namespaces in code generation
(discussed in [4]) - TUSCANY-1223 is done,  but TUSCANY-303 would be good
Steffen: Typesafe collections in the generator -- again in [4]

It would be great to get some of these things in, but I feel sure that my
time will be easily mopped up by the things I plan to do.  Are there any
volunteers for any of these things?

Things I have on my todo list (some of which I have started)  ....
- reorganisation of the build to create release distributions in line with
the SCA release format
- review and improvement of the samples and implementation of an alternative
simple approach to running the samples that does not involve running a maven
build
- review and improvement of the website documentation (all welcome to pitch
in with comments and contributions here)
- get the generator metadata creation and initialization story in order [5]
- TypeConversionTestCase fails for JDK 1.4.2 [6]
- Manifest version number in Java SDO Impl and Tools jars [7]
- Interface2JavaGenerator.java is not compatible with JDK 1.4 [8]

Regards, Kelvin.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-user@ws.apache.org/msg01079.html
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1317
[3] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-user@ws.apache.org/msg01000.html
[4] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-user@ws.apache.org/msg00977.html
[5] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1143
[6] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1122
[7] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1284
[8] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-257

Re: [SDO Java] 1.0 Release Content Review

Posted by Amita Vadhavkar <am...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I am trying to go through details of JIRA 1317 and will get back here with
any questions, doubts.

Thanks,
Amita