Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Magesh Umasankar <MU...@LifeTimeFitness.com> on 2000/03/22 17:46:41 UTC

getRemoteUser() in servlet

I'm developing a Java servlet that uses the "getRemoteUser()" method to
return the name of the user that has authenticated to the web server.

I use Netscape Directory Server's LDAP directory, and have defined users and
a group that the users are in.

If the user references the servlet directly, the prompting for user
authentication occurs. Everything looks like it should work, except the
getRemoteUser() and getAuthType() methods returns null.

Servlet/Java config:
- Apache Web Server with Tomcat 3.0 handling servlet requests.

What am I doing wrong? I want to use the web server authentication.

Thanks
Magesh