Posted to dev@s2graph.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2018/08/31 23:19:47 UTC

Missing multiple board reports in a row

Hi,

It lookalike you missed a couple of board reports in a row. Does your project needs help? If so please ask for it on the general@incubator list. Are you still working towards graduation? If not perhaps it time to consider retirement?

Whatever the reason for the missed reports we’d really like to know what is going on in your project. It's important that you fill in the current report due on the 5th. If for some reason, you are unable to report by that time please get in touch and explain why.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Missing multiple board reports in a row

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

> Could you please remind me what was that about?

The Apache Annotator PPMC has missed reporting to the board in the incubator report a few months in a row. They can fill in the report here. [1]

Thanks,
Justin

1.  https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/September2018

Re: Missing multiple board reports in a row

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by Dmitry Sokolov <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,
thanks for reminding.
I actually was busy with other projects and forgot that I probably have
registered myself for another one.
Could you please remind me what was that about?
Sorry for inconvenience.
Cheers,
Dmitry

On 1/09/2018 11:19 AM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It lookalike you missed a couple of board reports in a row. Does your project needs help? If so please ask for it on the general@incubator list. Are you still working towards graduation? If not perhaps it time to consider retirement?
>
> Whatever the reason for the missed reports we’d really like to know what is going on in your project. It's important that you fill in the current report due on the 5th. If for some reason, you are unable to report by that time please get in touch and explain why.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

---

Re: Missing multiple board reports in a row

Posted by Dmitry Sokolov <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,
thanks for reminding.
I actually was busy with other projects and forgot that I probably have
registered myself for another one.
Could you please remind me what was that about?
Sorry for inconvenience.
Cheers,
Dmitry

On 1/09/2018 11:19 AM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It lookalike you missed a couple of board reports in a row. Does your project needs help? If so please ask for it on the general@incubator list. Are you still working towards graduation? If not perhaps it time to consider retirement?
>
> Whatever the reason for the missed reports we’d really like to know what is going on in your project. It's important that you fill in the current report due on the 5th. If for some reason, you are unable to report by that time please get in touch and explain why.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

---

Re: Missing multiple board reports in a row

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Given yet another board report was missed, can someone please respond to this.

Posted by Joshua Poore <po...@icloud.com.INVALID>.
Hi Justin,

We had a major shake-up in our core committer group—a number of us have taken new positions. In my case, my new employer is evaluating my role on the program as a conflict of interest. This is perfunctory, but, I’m presently locked from participating in a meaningful way until the investigation clears, which should be later this month (after the report is due, unfortunately). In the meantime, we’ve reached out to our champions—they are aware of the situation and have been supportive—to help us with reports and upkeep until we’re back in action and in full swing again.

The project is very important to us and we have been coordinating with our champions/PPMC regarding graduation. In some cases, however, our hands have been tied for the last couple months. Hopefully, not much longer. You’ll hear and see more from us soon.

Thanks for your patience!

Josh Poore

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Aug 31, 2018, 16:20 Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It lookalike you missed a couple of board reports in a row. Does your
> project needs help? If so please ask for it on the general@incubator
> list. Are you still working towards graduation? If not perhaps it time to
> consider retirement?

Thanks for the check-in, Justin.

We missed July due to neglect and then I was on vacation for August and
offline.

> Whatever the reason for the missed reports we’d really like to know what
> is going on in your project. It's important that you fill in the current
> report due on the 5th. If for some reason, you are unable to report by that
> time please get in touch and explain why.

You should have an update for this one. Progress has definitely been slow,
but the core of us are still keen to move the project forward for the time
being.

Re: Missing multiple board reports in a row

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hey -

Inline.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 31, 2018, at 4:22 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> HI,
>
> JFYI Was bcc’d to Annotator, Milagro, S2Graph and SensSoft dev lists.
>
> Pony mail (only mentioned as a podling with multiple missing reports)  I’m happy to see was actually one of the first podlings to report this month.

I saw that since I got them as a Shepherd assignment.

Regards,
Dave