Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Jonathan Melvin <J....@heywood.co.uk> on 2004/10/14 15:07:15 UTC

PSVI

Hi
I'm struggling with getting psvi info.
Heres what I want to do-
1.Use DOMBuilder to load an XML doc and validate it against a schema
2.Walk the DOMDocument and for each element see what the schema defined
its type as. (and the Length facet).

I can load and validate the document and walk to an element but I don't
know how to get the PSVIElement for that DOMElement.

Jon Melvin

This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information and should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient(s). If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by using the reply facility on your e-mail system.

Re: PSVI

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@progress.com>.
Hi John,

At 14.07 14/10/2004 +0100, Jonathan Melvin wrote:

>Hi
>I'm struggling with getting psvi info.
>Heres what I want to do-
>1.Use DOMBuilder to load an XML doc and validate it against a schema
>2.Walk the DOMDocument and for each element see what the schema defined
>its type as. (and the Length facet).
>
>I can load and validate the document and walk to an element but I don't
>know how to get the PSVIElement for that DOMElement.

Have a look at the PSVIWriter sample; it shows how you can intercept the
type for each element found in the XML file.

Alberto

P.S. As this is a public mailing list archived on public web pages, on
which neither you or your company has control on its current and future
subscribers, this disclaimer cannot be enforced. If you think your message
really has privileged and confidential information, don't send it here.