Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de> on 2021/05/17 13:59:59 UTC

ReactOS and AOO

Hi all,

ReactOS [1] has made some great improvements lately and I decided to
install it in VirtualBox and test AOO.
The App Manager only has AOO 4.1.5 listed, so I created a Pull Request
to update the database [2].

AOO still has some repaint issues but I really like the combination...

Regards,

   Matthias

[1] https://reactos.org/
[2] https://github.com/reactos/rapps-db/pull/138

Re: ReactOS and AOO

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Carl,

Am 01.06.21 um 16:08 schrieb Carl Marcum:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> Any chance of building AOO on this?

I haven't got an idea, but at the moment I would doubt it...

Since ReactOS is still an Alpha version, it would be a great step if AOO
actually *runs* on it.
Basically, now it starts up with some graphical glitches.

But I would say, AOO is the perfect Office Solution for ReactOS in the
long term. ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

Re: ReactOS and AOO

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi Matthias,

Re: ReactOS and AOO

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi all,

Re: ReactOS and AOO

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Peter,

Re: ReactOS and AOO

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.

--
This is the Way! http://www.apache.org/theapacheway/index.html

Re: ReactOS and AOO

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Marcus,

Am 17.05.21 um 20:31 schrieb Marcus:
>> ReactOS [1] has made some great improvements lately and I decided to
>> install it in VirtualBox and test AOO.
>> The App Manager only has AOO 4.1.5 listed, so I created a Pull Request
>> to update the database [2].
>>
>> AOO still has some repaint issues but I really like the combination...
>>
>> [1] https://reactos.org/
>> [2] https://github.com/reactos/rapps-db/pull/138
>
> that's great news. Thanks for this.
>
> Do you think that it is possible to get this improved in the near
> future? Then we could add this OS to the list of possible operating
> systems - even when we do not actively support this platform.

Well, it basically is an open-source Windows. So our normal Windows
binaries can be installed.
And it is still classified as "Alpha".

But of course there could be an exchange between the two projects, to
solve the existing graphical problems.

I will take care of updating the database for our new releases...

Matthias

Re: ReactOS and AOO

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.