Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Steve Green <st...@epok.net> on 2005/07/22 00:00:44 UTC

Even more symbolTable woes?

Developers,

I've just run across another problem with the head of CVS as it pertains
to W2j.  The following xsd snippet is cut down from
http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#

      <complexType name="ReferenceType">
        <sequence>
          <element ref="ds:DigestValue"/>
        </sequence>
      </complexType>

      <element name="DigestValue" type="ds:DigestValueType"/>

      <simpleType name="DigestValueType">
        <restriction base="base64Binary"/>
      </simpleType>

Once upon a time, the bean metadata for the DigestValue element looked
like this:

	elemField.setXmlName(
            new javax.xml.namespace.QName(
                "http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#", "DigestValue"));
        elemField.setXmlType(
            new javax.xml.namespace.QName(
                "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema", "base64Binary"));

But now it looks like this:

	elemField.setXmlName(
	    new javax.xml.namespace.QName(
		"http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#", "DigestValue"));
	elemField.setXmlType(
	    new javax.xml.namespace.QName(
		"http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#", "DigestValue"));

And as a result, I get this:

	org.xml.sax.SAXException: Found character data inside an array element
while deserializing

Hand editing the generated code gets me past the problem.  Before I dive
into this and potentially create a bug report, does anyone recognize
this as a known problem?

~S

Re: Even more symbolTable woes?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.