Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Matthew Langham <ml...@sundn.de> on 2000/05/16 10:10:12 UTC

SQLProcessor and Access

After succeeding in connecting to MS SQL-Server (thanks to your help) - I
now want to access MS Access.

I receive the following message when trying to access a table in an MS
Access database via the JDBC:ODBC bridge. Any ideas what is causing this?

<sqlerror message="DOM002 Illegal character"></sqlerror>

It happens regardless of the table (I have several) and they seem to be
"normal".

Matthew

Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]

...this mail was scanned for viruses by mailserver...

Re: SQLProcessor and Access

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com>.
The ODBC Driver for Access is crap.  Keep in mind that for *that* driver,
all strings MUST be surrounded by single quotes (and those are escaped by
adding another right next to it), and the errors it returns NEVER represent
what the correct error is.  This is a problem with the ODBC driver itself.
I used the JdbcOdbcDriver with Informix, and things went alot smoother.

PS-If you are ever planning to move to another database, it is probably better
to design against that database.  We did a project where the original design
was around access, and when we ported to Informix, we had to update 1000
queries over the space of three weeks.