Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Matthew Bruce <mb...@blackberry.com> on 2015/10/08 17:11:28 UTC

Secured Hadoop Cluster with Java 1.7.0_80 - Failure re-login with keytabs

Hello Hadoop Users,

We have been doing java upgrade testing in one of our Hadoop lab environments and have run into issues using Oracle java 1.7.0_80 with a secured Hadoop cluster (Since the initial issue, we've verified this in a second environment too).  Basically all the Hadoop components once the initial Kerberos ticket has expired fail to re-login using their keytab files (note that I've found nothing in the logs indicating why this happens, it seems like the components don't even attempt to re-login).  Moreover I've verified that this behavior does not occur with java 1.7.0_79.

The only thing I've been able to find that might be realted/cause this is this blurb in the u80 release notes:
Issues with Third party's JCE Providers
The fix for JDK-8023069 updated both the SunJSSE and and SunJCE providers, including some internal interfaces.
Some third party JCE providers (such as RSA JSAFE) are using some sun.* internal interfaces, and therefore will not work with the updated SunJSSE provider. Such providers will need to be updated in order for them to work with the updated SunJSSE provider.

If you have been impacted by this issue, contact your JCE vendor for an update.

See 8133502<http://bugs.java.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=8133502>.

I'm wondering, has anyone else run into issues running a secured Hadoop cluster with java 1.7.0_80?

Thanks,
Matthew Bruce
mbruce@blackberry.com<ma...@blackberry.com>

RE: Secured Hadoop Cluster with Java 1.7.0_80 - Failure re-login with keytabs

Posted by Matthew Bruce <mb...@blackberry.com>.
Thanks Subroto and Chris,

After looking at that ticket, I agree that is the issue we were hitting.

Thanks again for your responses!

Matt

From: Subroto Sanyal <ss...@datameer.com>>
Date: Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 8:33 AM