Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Manfred A. Reiter" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/31 08:12:01 UTC

[Marketing] Questions

Hi,

sorry for posting the excerpt of an email in a foreign language ...
maybe    http://translate.google.de/  helps to understand the content.

>> Der Linux Info Tag will Linux-unerfahrene Menschen, sowohl
>> Privatpersonen als auch Firmen und Institutionen an Linux heranführen.
>> Also zeigen was alles möglich ist, und dazu gehört unbedingt ein
>> Office Paket.
>> Den Vortrag (ca. 45 Minuten + Diskussion) kannst Du gestalten wie Du
>> möchtest. Was ist Libre Office, wie unterscheidet sich das von OOo,
>> was kann es, kompatibilität zu anderen Office Suiten, was Du möchtest.
>>
>> Einzelne LO Spezialfunktionen im Vortrag vorzustellen
>> (Serienbriefe...) halte ich für nicht sehr zielführend. Es geht mehr
>> um den allgemeinen Überblick.
>>
>> Den Infostand hat Sigrid bisher so gemacht, das auf einem oder zwei
>> Rechnern OOo/LO lief, und sie dann für Interessenten und Fragen
>> bereitstand. Also Fähnchen schwenken, LO verteilen, Fragen
>> beantworten, vielleicht mal kurz was vorführen. Sicher kommt auch der
>> eine oder die andere und hat konkrete Fragen zu Problemen.
>>
>> Der Infotag Landau findet am 29. Oktober in Landau statt, Beginn ist
>> 10:00h, Vorträge finden laufend den ganzen Tag statt (ca. 25-40
>> Zuhörer, Beamer vorhanden). Es wäre schön wenn Du (oder jemand mit Dir
>> zusammen) den ganzen Tag da sein könntest, um den Infotisch zu
>> betreuen. Abends gehen wir noch mit allen Referenten und Mitmachern
>> essen.

Questions to the Apache way:
I was asked to speak in this small event in Landau / Germany.
1. Question: it is allowed to go there?                         ---> I
have a sponsor for the costs: family budget
    or do we don't "pay peanuts, get monkeys"
2. Question: ... or someone else from this ML would like to go to Landau?
3. there will be someone speaking about LibO
3.1 Question: it is allowed for me to speak about ApacheOOo?
3.2 Question: it is allowed to ask [bhv publishing GmbH]
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/**8268859/PI-OpenOfficeV33Pro.**odt<http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8268859/PI-OpenOfficeV33Pro.odt>

                    to sponsor some books
4. What about AOOo give aways?
5. Do AOOo will have until October an >>official and professional flyer<<
who can be translated?
    and if "yes" who covers the costs?
7. What about AOOo CD's? ... I'm sure, that LibO will have CD's

--
## Manfred Reiter - -
## GWB: "The problem with the French is, they just don't have a word for

Re: [Marketing] Questions

Posted by "Manfred A. Reiter" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ross,

thanks for you quick answer on/to some questions

2011/8/31 Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>:
> 2011/8/31 Manfred A. Reiter <ma...@gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> sorry for posting the excerpt of an email in a foreign language ...
>> maybe    http://translate.google.de/  helps to understand the content.
>
> [Snip and invite to present at a LInux Day event]
>
>> Questions to the Apache way:
>
> I can't answer all your questions as some are community related, but
> from an ASF point of view...
>
>> I was asked to speak in this small event in Landau / Germany.
>> 1. Question: it is allowed to go there?    ---> I have a sponsor for the costs: family budget
>>    or do we don't "pay peanuts, get monkeys"
>
> The ASF does not sponsor such costs for individual projects.
> Unfortunately it cannot do so due to the 501c(s) rules. You need to
> find a private sponsor if you wish to attend.

That is more or less the situation, which led to frodev. http://www.frodev.org/

but, as you could read, I have a private sponsor - familiy budget,
notwithstanding that I know, that this is not a professional behavior. ;-)
I'm nearby, so it's ok for me.

and ... believe me, the penetration of the German "office market", as
it stands now,
has a lot to do with the many activities of many members of the community.

>> 3. there will be someone speaking about LibO
>> 3.1 Question: it is allowed for me to speak about ApacheOOo?
>
> Absolutely.
>
>> 3.2 Question: it is allowed to ask [bhv publishing GmbH]
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/**8268859/PI-OpenOfficeV33Pro.**odt<http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8268859/PI-OpenOfficeV33Pro.odt>
>>
>>                    to sponsor some books
>
> I'm not sure what you mean "sponsor some books"

I hope that the above mentioned book from BHV will be printed in October,
and if they could send some as give aways, that would be great.

It makes a difference if I ask as me, or as someone how in the broadest
sense has something to do with the AOOo.

I will get some books because it was my publisher in former times,
so BHV is only an example for the problemes I see in other cases. ;-)

M.

Re: [Marketing] Questions

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
2011/8/31 Manfred A. Reiter <ma...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for posting the excerpt of an email in a foreign language ...
> maybe    http://translate.google.de/  helps to understand the content.

[Snip and invite to present at a LInux Day event]

> Questions to the Apache way:

I can't answer all your questions as some are community related, but
from an ASF point of view...

> I was asked to speak in this small event in Landau / Germany.
> 1. Question: it is allowed to go there?                         ---> I
> have a sponsor for the costs: family budget
>    or do we don't "pay peanuts, get monkeys"

The ASF does not sponsor such costs for individual projects.
Unfortunately it cannot do so due to the 501c(s) rules. You need to
find a private sponsor if you wish to attend.

> 3. there will be someone speaking about LibO
> 3.1 Question: it is allowed for me to speak about ApacheOOo?

Absolutely.

> 3.2 Question: it is allowed to ask [bhv publishing GmbH]
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/**8268859/PI-OpenOfficeV33Pro.**odt<http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8268859/PI-OpenOfficeV33Pro.odt>
>
>                    to sponsor some books

I'm not sure what you mean "sponsor some books"

Ross