Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Igor Kravzov <ig...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/12 19:19:05 UTC

Need help with query

Hi,

I have a query like this one

alter table my_table
  add if not exists partition (yyyymmdd=20160912) location
'/mylocation/20160912';

Is it possible to make so I don't have to change date every day?
Something with  CURRENT_DATE;?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Need help with query

Posted by Andrew Sears <an...@analyticsdream.com>.
Hi there,

The detailed error should be in the hiveserver2.log

Cheers, Andrew On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 3:36 PM, Igor Kravzov <
igork.inexso@gmail.com [igork.inexso@gmail.com] > wrote:
I run MSCK REPAIR TABLE mytable; and got Error while processing statement:
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 6:56 PM, Lefty Leverenz < leftyleverenz@gmail.com
[leftyleverenz@gmail.com] > wrote:
Here's a list of the wikidocs about dynamic partitions
[https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+DDL#LanguageManualDDL-DynamicPartitions]
.

-- Lefty

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 3:25 PM, Devopam Mittra < devopam@gmail.com
[devopam@gmail.com] > wrote:
Kindly learn dynamic partition from cwiki. That will be the perfect
solution to your requirement in my opinion.
Regards
Dev

On 13 Sep 2016 12:49 am, "Igor Kravzov" < igork.inexso@gmail.com

Re: Need help with query

Posted by Igor Kravzov <ig...@gmail.com>.
I run MSCK REPAIR TABLE mytable; and got
Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1
from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask

Re: Need help with query

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.

Re: Need help with query

Posted by Devopam Mittra <de...@gmail.com>.