Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Ganesh <ga...@barcap.com> on 2013/03/05 20:41:22 UTC

Writing files in mutiple names thru Camel

I have a requirement to write the same input file into different names in
different path.

i.e) File1 should be copied into File1A in Directory1 , File1B in
Directory2.

Is it possible to do in camel by setting the filecomponent.HEADER_FILE_NAME
as collection or any other way?

Re: Writing files in mutiple names thru Camel

Posted by Raúl Kripalani <ra...@evosent.com>.
If you're trying to copy the same file to multiple locations, use the multicast() EIP with streamCaching enabled [1].

Also, if you need to decide/compute the output destination dynamically, use the choice() EIP if your decision criteria are limited, or the dynamicRouter() EIP if the decision is more complex, or if you need to query a routing table somewhere (XML catalogue, properties, DB, etc.).

[1] http://camel.apache.org/stream-caching.html

P.S.: Next time please post your user questions to users@camel.apache.org instead of dev@.

Regards,
Raúl.