Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jihed Amine Maaref <ji...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/27 15:56:19 UTC

Inconsistent search results

Hi! I'm new to Apache Solr and trying to make a query using search terms
against a field called "normalizedContents" and of type "text".
All of the search terms must exist in the field. Problem is, I'm getting
inconsistent results.
For example, the solr index has only one document with normalizedContents
filed value = "EDOUARD SERGE WILFRID EDOS0004 UNE MENTION COMPLEMENTAIRE"
I try those queries in solr's web interface:
- normalizedContents:(edouard AND une) returns the result
- normalizedContents:(edouar* AND une) returns the result
- normalizedContents:(EDOUAR* AND une) doesn't return anything
- normalizedContents:(edouar AND une) doesn't return anything
- normalizedContents:(edouar* AND un) returns the result (although there's
no "un" word)
- normalizedContents:(edouar* AND uned) returns the result (although there's
no "uned" word)

Here's the declaration of normalizedContents in schema.xml:
<filed name="normalizedContents" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="false"/>

So, wildcards and AND logic do not follow the expected behavior. What am I
doing wrong ?

Thanks.

Re: Inconsistent search results

Posted by Michael Kuhlmann <so...@kuli.org>.
Am 27.06.2011 15:56, schrieb Jihed Amine Maaref:
> - normalizedContents:(EDOUAR* AND une) doesn't return anything

This was discussed few days ago:

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Conflict-in-wildcard-query-and-spellchecker-in-solr-search-tt3095198.html

> - normalizedContents:(edouar* AND un) returns the result (although there's
> no "un" word)
> - normalizedContents:(edouar* AND uned) returns the result (although there's
> no "uned" word)

"text" fields are stemmed (solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory does this,
have a look at your schema.xml). So, both "une" and "uned" result to "un".

-Kuli