Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by PH...@mep.nist.gov on 2003/04/08 21:15:12 UTC

"Root element of a SOAP message must be..."

Hi,

I'm building a Java Domino agent which uses Apache SOAP to send messages
to Web Services on WebLogic 7.
I get the following error:

04/08/2003 02:43:30 PM  HTTP JVM: [SOAPException:
faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Root element of a SOAP message must be:
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Envelope'.;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Root element of a SOAP
message must be: 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Envelope'.]
                                        at
org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:294)
                                        . . .

We've been using MSSOAP to call the same services for sometime. Also, I
can use XMLSPY's "Send SOAP Request to Server" feature to send and get
back messages. Works fine.

I've read a few postings here and there concerning this error but nothing
that has helped me.

Any clues?

Thanks

Paul