Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com> on 2007/12/16 13:30:34 UTC

Invoking a plugin from a JSP

Hi,

Perhaps a dumb question (i.e., one easily answered), but I can't
find any documentation on the best way to invoke a plugin from
within a JSP. I'd like to be able to do this for any plugin, but
since the ones I have in mind are of my own authoring I could
make an alternative constructor, etc. as needed (but the plugin
should function identically whether it's invoked via wikitext or
in a JSP (though I might wish to know programmatically which is
the source).

Any clues on this? Happy to do the digging and documentation if
I can figure this out...

Thanks!

Murray

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record

Re: Invoking a plugin from a JSP

Posted by Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com>.
Dirk Frederickx wrote:
> You can do something like this:
>

>  <wiki:Translate>[{If page='{$username}Favorites' exists='true'
>
> %%collapsebox-closed
> ! [My Favorites|{$username}Favorites]
> [{InsertPage page='{$username}Favorites' }]
> %% }]
>  </wiki:Translate>

Hi Dirk,

Cool. I'll try to figure out where on jspwiki.org to put this info,
as it'll likely be helpful to others as well. I kinda figured there
was some easy way...

Thanks very much for the *very* quick reply!

Posted by Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com>.
You can do something like this:

 <wiki:Translate>[{If page='{$username}Favorites' exists='true'

%%collapsebox-closed
! [My Favorites|{$username}Favorites]
[{InsertPage page='{$username}Favorites' }]
%% }]
 </wiki:Translate>

dirk

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.