Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch> on 2020/03/08 10:32:49 UTC

Re: Possible GSOC project idea.

Hello Percy,

Thanks for reaching out. I prefer open communication via the public mailing
list instead of private email, and hope that you don't mind if I add the
list in Cc on my reply.

On Sat, 7 Mar 2020, 13:19 Percy Enoabane, <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Michael Vorburger,
>
> Could https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-712, be used as a
> project for GSOC 2020. Since there are still some work left to implement
> this feature like:
>
>    - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-712
>    - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-823
>    - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-826

Yes, all of these are certainly suitable for contributions. Please all note
the following linked from the last comment on 712:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-821

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-822

If you are asking for help with priorities, then my first choice which I
think would add most value would probably be to help with more Checkstyle
rules, so FINERACT-821.. as per
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r40d39423999b55a4ac2fa96aba0a16b91f80ac9f8e4ecb4c372c61c8%40%3Cdev.fineract.apache.org%3E
(also on https://markmail.org/message/hk42ip7feruoaooo), gradually adding
problems allowing to enable new rules is the way to go.

Percy Ashu

Re: Possible GSOC project idea.

Posted by Percy Enoabane <pe...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the feedback will check them out.