Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Branden Strickland <op...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/01 16:03:03 UTC

Re: POS - Additional Info working with questions

I'm using:

 public void setShippingInstructions(String shippingInstructions) {
        this.setShippingInstructions(0, shippingInstructions);
    }

In /app/order/src/org/ofbiz/shoppingcart/shoppingcart.java

If that helps.

It's not saved off... I can see that in the code, I'm just wondering the
best way to go about it, and was also slightly curious where the actual
database sql code is housed, so I can go take a look to where the special
instructions are saved and whatnot.

Thanks Chris!

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Branden,

I'd recommend to begin by http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/PQM and if you need more David's complete journey
http://www.undersunconsulting.com/ecommerce/control/main?atc=OFB
BTW David kindly provided
1. Framework Reference Book r1.6.3 :
2 . The Advanced Framework Training Videos Complete Transcription
at http://docs.ofbiz.org/pages/viewpageattachments.action?pageId=4369. These are the bible so far, it's easier to understand using
the original videos...

OF course links from http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Documentation+Index are also good to read

From: "Branden Strickland" <op...@gmail.com>
> Thanks Gents!
>
> I think saving off the entire order would be fantastic. In the mean time,
> though, like Jacques said, possibly just adding things like shipping into,
> discounts etc. to the list of things saved off could be a temporary fix.
>
> After looking around a lot more, I feel like I have a better handle on
> things.
>
> Jacques, what are some options to get literature on the framework of OFBIZ?
> It would be greek to me, but Mike (My partner in development crime) could
> probably benefit from that.
>

> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 4:24 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
> jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:
>
>> Christopher, Branden,
>>
>> From: "Christopher L" <cl...@hotmail.com>
>>
>>> Ok, I took a look into this, and currently what is happening is that when
>>> you "save a sale" the POS basically saves the items in the shopping cart.
>>>  Nothing else is saved.
>>>

>> Yes, that's true. It uses the shopping list exactly
>>
>>  I think what you really want to do is save an order.  Actually, after
>>> looking through the order objects, I don't think that discounts / promotions
>>> are saved if you "save a sale" either.
>>>

>> Right, for the same reason
>>
>>  JLR, what do you think?
>>>

>> A Jira issue already exists
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-565. Not for the same reasons
>> but the fundamental need is the same. To be able to save all informations
>> about a sale, not only its items.
>> BTW, OFBIZ-424 and OFBIZ-431 which were blocking this issue have been fixed
>> I did not test Branden's patch yet, just reviewed it. Maybe it's not be
>> needed to save the sale but simply to add some specificites in your
>> application. Of course be able to save no only the cart content(items) from
>> the POS but also other informations (discount, etc.) would be a plus for the
>> community.
>>
>>  I'm going to sleep on this and take another look in the morning.
>>>

>> FYI, I'm currently working on
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1656. I hope to commit today.
>>
>> Jacques

>>  Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 16:40:40 -0400
>>> From: openforbusinessman@gmail.com
>>> To: user@ofbiz.apache.org; msherman@dejazzd.com
>>> Subject: Re: POS - Additional Info working with questions
>>>
>>> Alrighty!!!  I'm now throughly confused!!
>>>
>>> What I have:
>>> 1) addtlInfo method works!   I can ring up a sale, do whatever I need to
>>> do,
>>> click the "addtlInfo" button I have on my POS screen.  Enter a string, and
>>> then do my prep receipt print, and it shows up!  YAY!!
>>>
>>> 2) If I enter the additional Info, click enter, go back to the sale, and
>>> then click on the additional info button again, my string is recalled
>>> (just
>>> how I wanted!)
>>>
>>> HOWEVER.  Like before, (I'm like a broken record! ;) ) If I save the sale,
>>> and then load the sale....AND THEN....click the addtional info button, I
> [...]
>>> nothing... well DUH... It's not included in the cart items that are saved!

Posted by Branden Strickland <op...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Gents!

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Christopher, Branden,

From: "Christopher L" <cl...@hotmail.com>

Posted by Christopher L <cl...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Branden Strickland <op...@gmail.com>.

new screens under product module

Posted by Rajeev Gupta <ra...@hytechpro.com>.
We like to create a new custom screen in the product module at the same
level as given here; that will interact with the database product, feature
and feature category table.

Is that possible? Any guidance will be appreciated. Where should we add
that?

Re: new screens under product module

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yes the backgournd idea is to avoid to create useless Jira issues.

Jacques

From: "Ashish Vijaywargiya" <vi...@gmail.com>

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
No Policy has changed BJ.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I have been informed in the past that the dev mailing list is a place to

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
Rajeev,

Posted by Branden Strickland <op...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!