Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Hehl, Thomas" <Th...@acs-inc.com> on 2007/08/16 18:59:30 UTC

JDBC connection issue

I am testing our webapp under tomcat 6 after being under tomcat 5.5.

I have moved the following file from 5.5. into 6. I have placed it in the
conf directory:

<Context path="/mo" docBase="mo" debug="0" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">

<Resource name="jdbc/mo" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
maxActive="20"

maxIdle="-1" maxWait="1000"

username="informix"  password="xxxxxxx"

driverClassName="com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver"

url="jdbc:informix-sqli://vaninfmx1:7101/jur_feds:INFORMIXSERVER=gs_jms9"/>

</Context>

This works under 5.5, but under 6.0, I get "Cannot create JDBC driver of
class '' for connect URL 'null'

And

Could not obtain connection metadata.

I've googled, and most seem to feel that these errors are caused by an issue
in the context definition.

I've looked through the docs and find nothing that got changed between 5.5
and 6.0 so I'm puzzled and trying here. Anyone?

Thanks.

Thom Hehl
Sr. eJuror Architect

* Office (859) 277-8800 x 144

* Thomas.Hehl@acs-inc.com <ma...@acs-inc.com>
ACS, Inc.

Government Solutions

1733 Harrodsburg Road
Lexington, KY 40504-3617

by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and notify
sender via e-mail at Thomas.Hehl@acs-inc.com
<ma...@acs-inc.com>  or by telephone at 859-277-8800 ext. 144.
Thank you.

Re: JDBC connection issue

Posted by Mark Shifman <ma...@yale.edu>.
I just upgraded from 5.5 to 6.0 without any problems.  My webapp was
deployed as a war file
with the config.xml in the META-INF (the exact config for 5.5). The
deployment does the
correct thing with the config.xml.

Make sure your jdbc library is in the CATALINA_HOME/lib dir.

I also was playing around with using realms for the manager and found I
had to
put the manager's config.xml in the META-INF dir for things to work. I tried
moving the config.xml to conf/Catalina/localhost and ... ... the manager
was undeployed.

mas