Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Bolisetty, Himabindu (GE Healthcare)" <Hi...@med.ge.com> on 2006/12/08 19:24:35 UTC

in parent not honored

Hi All,
  Our organization has a pom hierarchy set up and the child poms refer
to the parent pom using <relativePath> element. In the maven
documentation, the following is clearly listed:

"Notice the relativePath element. It is not required, but may be used as
a signifier to Maven to first search the path given for this project's
parent, before searching the local and then remote repositories."

However in our case, it seems like maven is completely ignoring
relativePath and searching for parent directly in the repositories. We
use Maven 2.0.4.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Thanks,

Bindu

Re: in parent not honored

Posted by Bob Allison <SW...@columbus.rr.com>.
Usually when I have seen this it is because I messed up the path or version.
Since it didn't point to a project with the EXACT group, artifact, and
version specified in the child project's parent tag, Maven went looking in
the repositories.