Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org> on 2009/04/02 15:37:28 UTC

Re: [General Wiki] Update of "GitAtApache" by JukkaZitting

Apache Wiki pisze:
> Dear Wiki user,
>
> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "General Wiki" for change notification.
>
> The following page has been changed by JukkaZitting:
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/GitAtApache
>
> The comment on the change is:
> More git.apache.org updates

>   == Git mirrors ==
>
> - Many Apache projects are available as git-svn mirrors at http://git.apache.org/. Please file an [https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA INFRA] issue (component: Git) to get a new project mirrored or to change the settings of an existing mirror.
> + Many Apache projects are available as git-svn mirrors at http://git.apache.org/. Please file an [https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA INFRA] issue (component: Git) to request a new codebase to be mirrored or to change the settings of an existing mirror.
>
> - The mirrors are automatically synchronized daily, but you can also enable per-commit updates by subscribing the git@jukka.zitting.name address to the relevant commit mailing list. Note that you need to be a list moderator to subscribe an address without ezmlm requiring a confirmation from that address.
> -
> - After git cloning a mirror from here, comitters can commit back by doing the following once after the clone:
> + After git cloning a mirror from here, committers can commit back by doing the following once after the clone:
>
>   {{{
> - git svn init --prefix=origin/ --tags=tags --trunk=trunk --branches=branches https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/$PROJECT_NAME
> + git svn init --prefix=origin/ -s https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/$PROJECT_NAME
>   git svn rebase
>   }}}

Jukka,

This change is wrong, see my e-mail:
http://markmail.org/message/i6tuv46rpg66c6bc

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: [General Wiki] Update of "GitAtApache" by JukkaZitting

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Grzegorz Kossakowski
<gk...@apache.org> wrote:
> Apache Wiki pisze:
>>   {{{
>> - git svn init --prefix=origin/ --tags=tags --trunk=trunk --branches=branches https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/$PROJECT_NAME
>> + git svn init --prefix=origin/ -s https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/$PROJECT_NAME
>>   git svn rebase
>>   }}}
>
> This change is wrong, see my e-mail:
> http://markmail.org/message/i6tuv46rpg66c6bc

Yeah, you're right. I'll restore the .eu. in the URL.

I didn't realize this was still a problem as now with the GeoDNS
mapping my tests passed also on svn.apache.org which was being mapped
to svn.eu.apache.org since I'm in Europe.

This situation is a bit unfortunate, as accessing
https://svn.eu.apache.org/ now causes warnings since the SSL
certificate is for svn.apache.org.

BR,

Jukka Zitting