Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Vladimir Neumann <vl...@web.de> on 2007/12/17 09:47:44 UTC

cached.jsp for the new dev-version

Hello all,

We are from Berlin State Library and trying to fetch the material in
"exotic" languages: Cyrillic, Chinese, Korean etc.

It is a known problem that the nutch-0.9 cannot properly detect the encoding
of the fetched websites and display them via cached.jsp.

This is now different in nutch-1.0-dev, because a "character encoding
detector" is already implemented. We would like to use it and have been
compiling the nutch-1.0-dev from the trunk. After fetching and installing
the war-file we realized, that the cached.jsp is not modified for the new
encoding detector.

My question is, did anybody try to adapt the cached.jsp for the new
dev-version? We would like to benefit from the solution.

Thank you,
Vladimir Neumann