Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com> on 2006/05/20 04:52:32 UTC

More debug info options than "neon-debug-mask = 130"?

Hi,

Still trying to track down a problem, and need more debug info that subject.
Are there any additional options to get more debug info?  I've tried
adjusting the "130" numbers, but don't seem to get more out.

I used TCPMon to inspect the response for any additional peculiarities, but
it is the same is the debug output below.

Particularly, looking for further details on the processing that determines
the "OPTIONS request failed" as shown below.

Sending request-line and headers:
Connecting to (ip address)
Sending request body:
Body block (104 bytes):
[<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><D:options
xmlns:D="DAV:"><D:activity-collection-set/></D:options>]
Request sent; retry is 0.
[status-line] < HTTP/1.1 200 OK
[hdr] Content-Length: 0
Header Name: [content-length], Value: [0]
[hdr] Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 04:44:22 GMT
Header Name: [date], Value: [Sat, 20 May 2006 04:44:22 GMT]
[hdr] Public: GET, HEAD, POST, PUT, DELETE, TRACE, OPTIONS, CONNECT
Header Name: [public], Value: [GET, HEAD, POST, PUT, DELETE, TRACE, OPTIONS,
CONNECT]
[hdr] Allow: GET, HEAD, POST, PUT, DELETE, TRACE, OPTIONS, CONNECT
Header Name: [allow], Value: [GET, HEAD, POST, PUT, DELETE, TRACE, OPTIONS,
CONNECT]
[hdr] Cache-Control: private
Header Name: [cache-control], Value: [private]
[hdr]
End of headers.
Request ends, status 200 class 2xx, error line:
200 OK
Running destroy hooks.
Request ends.
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: OPTIONS request failed on '/svn/playground/main'
svn: OPTIONS of '/svn/playground/main': 200 OK (http://www.xxx.com)
ne_session_destroy called.
ne_session_destroy called.

RE: More debug info options than "neon-debug-mask = 130"?

Posted by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com>.
For the archives, this MS KB article and patch was needed to solve our ISA
problem:

  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304340/en-us

So there is a bug in the 2000 version of ISA that it fixes.  There wasn't
anything configurable that was blocking the requests.

Thank you again for the big help in tracking this down.

Posted by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com>.

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 5/22/06, Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com> wrote:

> Before we blame ISA, does this test also prove that nothing on the Linux
> server hosting svn is blocking too, or did this tunnel blow by any of that
> too?

Unless there's a really weird firewall running on your server, I'd
suspect that the ISA proxy is your problem.

-garrett

RE: More debug info options than "neon-debug-mask = 130"?

Posted by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com>.

Thank you for the additional tips.

I had to VPN into the network to get past ISA with the tunnel (ISA forwards
the "/svn" context to the Linux server.  I don't see how to make the tunnel
work through ISA without the VPN.  The straight tunnel to port 80 goes to
the normal web server.  I had to tunnel over the VPN directly to the Linux
server).

svn commit through the tunnel works.  So you proved for us that something in
the middle is blocking it...thank you :-)

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@comcast.net>.
Jeff Jensen wrote:

> Yes, I can ssh to the Linux server svn is on, and that goes through
> ISA. It's how I maintain the server.
>
> I infer you mean to try a svn commit over ssh.  Just tried that, and
> even the list command doesn't work (not sure if that means I have
> something else wrong?):
>
> svn list svn+ssh://www.thedoman.com/svn/reponame
> svn: No repository found in 'svn+ssh://

No, you can use the SSH to set up a tunnel from a local port on your machine
to port 80 on the remote machine. It's built gracefully into clients like
Putty: read the manual page on ssh to do it from a Linux command line.

RE: More debug info options than "neon-debug-mask = 130"?

Posted by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com>.

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.

Posted by Igmar Palsenberg <ma...@jdimedia.nl>.
> So it seems that something is blocking the OPTIONS request.  Struggling to
> find what.  According to the net guy, he says HTTP has "free reign" going
> through the firewall (MS ISA) - nothing blocked for HTTP.

He's probably wrong. I've seen issues if ISA server screwing up HTTP
traffic while it was configured not to do so. Use either https:// or try a
ssh tunnel.

	Igmar

RE: More debug info options than "neon-debug-mask = 130"?

Posted by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com>.

I can't see anything on the Linux server hosting Subversion that would block
it.  Using http://localhost/ on the same server with Subversion, it works.
Even on that server if I use the domain URL, it fails (goes out and comes
back in).

Gladly accepting any more tips! :-)

Re: More debug info options than "neon-debug-mask = 130"?

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.