Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Bernhard Riedhofer <Be...@encorus.com> on 2002/01/21 16:39:13 UTC

Re: Performance testing by Simulating 1000 of users with several clients on several machines ?

Hi,

jmeter is a great tool - I was thrilled. Last but not least since the
source code is available which makes it possible to extend jmeter. Up to
now we used our own little tools/templates which implement the http
protocoll - but every test case must be implemented in source code, no
proxy recording, ...

But I need what Siraj described: running thousands of threads on more than
one big machine in remote mode. I am new to jmeter but in the meantime I
doubt that jmeter has this ability since a simple 'netstat -a' shows that
there are a lot of connections opened (for every sample one?). It seems
that there is a lot of network traffic?? Or is there another way to
configure jmeter (e.g. reporting only summaries)? Did you gain more
experience since december, Siraj?

Bernhard