Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Jens Leisenberg <je...@de.ibm.com> on 2013/06/14 10:20:54 UTC

getDataStoreAction comes as empty String[] when caching is enabled

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if my understanding of the way how it
should work is wrong. Maybe someone can help me out a little bit.

In an application (WebSphere 8.0.0.5, OpenJPA 2.1.2) I need to get the
generated native SQL String from an JPQL to manipulate it. It is working
great but when I activate the QueryCache (2nd level) the result is coming
as an empty string-array. I investigated a little bit in debugging and have
found this code in the kernel package:

QueryCacheExecuter#QueryCacheStoreQuery.getDataStoreActions(...): The
implementation of this method is quite simple:
return EMPTY_STRINGS;

:)

Maybe my way of thinking is wrong, but shouldn't there be the
implementation for returning the native query string? When I deactivate the
Cache the implementation of ExpressionStoreQuery is executed which is
working fine.

Regards
jens