Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Fitzharris, Walter M. (LNG-DAY)" <Wa...@lexisnexis.com> on 2003/06/20 16:01:05 UTC

passing parameter for lxslt:script@src

I would like to create variability where the extension class could
be switched, as in:

   <xsl:param name="fParam" select="'default value'"/>

    <lxslt:component prefix="formatter" functions="fullname">
         <lxslt:script lang="javaclass" src="{$fParam}">
    </lxslt:component>

=> I guess the above doesn't work  because the script element demands that
the src
attribute's value be defined at "compile-time".
=>My guess is that the fParam parameter isn't defined until "run-time".

*	How far off are my guesses above?
*	How can I create variability like this where the java class for the
extension funcs can be switched?

BTW: hardcoding the src to a class name works fine, and I can print fParam
in a template and it is being set properly in the Transformer...I just can't
use
it in the src attribute.

Walt Fitzharris
Lexis Nexis