Posted to sysadmins@spamassassin.apache.org by Dave Jones <da...@apache.org> on 2017/11/29 21:33:53 UTC

Ruleset updates cleaned out

Kevin,
When you get a few minutes, please look at the
sa-vm1.apache.org:/var/www/automc.spamassassin.org/update dir.
Something or somebody has removed most of the files that were in there.

I set the perms on a bunch of files in that dir a few days ago but I
didn't delete anything.  I hope your backups have been working.

--
Dave Jones

Re: Ruleset updates cleaned out

Posted by Dave Jones <da...@apache.org>.
On 11/29/2017 04:15 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> On 11/29/2017 4:33 PM, Dave Jones wrote:
>> Kevin,
>> When you get a few minutes, please look at the
>> sa-vm1.apache.org:/var/www/automc.spamassassin.org/update dir.
>> Something or somebody has removed most of the files that were in there.
>>
>> I set the perms on a bunch of files in that dir a few days ago but I
>> didn't delete anything.  I hope your backups have been working.
>>
> Neat...
>
> Backups look ok.  I've restored everything included deleted files.  See
> 794456983013047527-web-restore_1.zip   in /home/kmcgrail/restore and let
> me know.  I'm guessing it will have the archive dir which you can remove.
>
> lmk!
>
> Regards
>
> KAM

I put everything back yesterday and set perms correctly.  Everything
looks good still today.

I wonder what happened?  I am pretty sure I didn't do it and that there
are no cron'd scripts that would have done it.

Dave

Re: Ruleset updates cleaned out

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@mcgrail.com>.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@mcgrail.com>.
On 11/29/2017 5:12 PM, Dave Warren wrote:
> Shortly before 2017-11-28 08:30 UTC the bulk of files were removed.
This was not intended.  Dave and I were working on the issue already.

Regards,
KAM

Re: Ruleset updates cleaned out

Posted by Dave Warren <dw...@thedave.ca>.
On 2017-11-29 14:33, Dave Jones wrote:
> Kevin,
> When you get a few minutes, please look at the
> sa-vm1.apache.org:/var/www/automc.spamassassin.org/update dir. Something
> or somebody has removed most of the files that were in there.
>
> I set the perms on a bunch of files in that dir a few days ago but I
> didn't delete anything.  I hope your backups have been working.

Shortly before 2017-11-28 08:30 UTC the bulk of files were removed.

Then today, my 2017-11-29 08:38 UTC sync saw a new ruleset added and an
old one deleted, so it (hopefully) looks like there is an intentional
expiry process at work. The second change looks like this:

 > f+++++++++ 1816606.tar.gz
 > f+++++++++ 1816606.tar.gz.asc
 > f+++++++++ 1816606.tar.gz.sha1
*deleting   1816109.tar.gz.sha1