Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by "Ligade, Shailesh [USA]" <Li...@bah.com.INVALID> on 2022/05/16 16:56:22 UTC

prom end point

Hello,

I am trying to get metrics to Prometheus via /prom endpoint. I saw the property Hadoop.prometheus.endpoint.enabled and I set it to true in hdfs-site.xml however I still don't see <hostname>:9870/prom, the namenode ui is working fine along with jmx.

What I am missing? Is there a better documentation on how to enable this?

Also if any other apache service is using Hadoop metrix 2, is it possible to get data from that service (accumulo, etc) to Prometheus?

Thanks in advance.

-S

RE: prom end point

Posted by "Ligade, Shailesh [USA]" <Li...@bah.com.INVALID>.
Hello,

When I look at mertcis2.properties that comes with installation all I see is file and ganglia sink examples, do we have any

* org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.sink.PrometheusMetricsSink
example? I just want all my metrics to go to Prometheus, if possible.

Thanks in advance

-S