Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Felix Knecht <fe...@otego.com> on 2010/05/14 22:05:41 UTC

Intermediate reports of Shared-/Apacheds-Project

Re: Intermediate reports of Shared-/Apacheds-Project

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 5/14/10 10:05 PM, Felix Knecht wrote:

> For interested people
>
> I created for the shared [1] and the apacheds [2] project the report
> site for svn trunk.
>
> Apart from the reports about newer versions of
> plugins/dependencies/properties following reports may be of a special
> interest (each module has the reports on its own):
>
> - - Cobertura Test Coverage
>   (e.g.
> http://people.apache.org/~felixk/apacheds-docs/apacheds-xdbm-base/cobertura/index.html)
>
> - - Findbugs Report, specially the ones with high priority
>    (e.g.
> http://people.apache.org/~felixk/apacheds-docs/apacheds-core/findbugs.html).

Many thanks, Felix !

As usual, this is very valuable pieces of information ! Keep going, we
will try to fix maany of those problems in the near future !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com

Re: Intermediate reports of Shared-/Apacheds-Project

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
Felix Knecht wrote:
> For interested people
>
> I created for the shared [1] and the apacheds [2] project the report
> site for svn trunk.
>
> Apart from the reports about newer versions of
> plugins/dependencies/properties following reports may be of a special
> interest (each module has the reports on its own):
>
> - Cobertura Test Coverage
>  (e.g.
> http://people.apache.org/~felixk/apacheds-docs/apacheds-xdbm-base/cobertura/index.html)

I'll add some tests to xdbm-base.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Re: Intermediate reports of Shared-/Apacheds-Project

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 5/14/10 11:05 PM, Felix Knecht wrote:

> IIRC checkstyle report has never been configured for our used style.
> Maybe we should comment the checkstyle report until we do have a
> definition which fits our wishes?

Sure !

What we can do is to remove the few errors I have mentionned, as they
probably represent 95% of all the errors we have,
then incrementally tune the config. I don't think such a process will
take tens of iterations.
> IMO findbugs report should have a higher priority than checkstyle as we
> can find problems like

Yep. Checkstye is just about style, all in all. Findbugs already saved
us in many cases, as it's able to detect potential NPE or other major
issues.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com

Re: Intermediate reports of Shared-/Apacheds-Project

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.

IIRC checkstyle report has never been configured for our used style.
Maybe we should comment the checkstyle report until we do have a
definition which fits our wishes?

IMO findbugs report should have a higher priority than checkstyle as we
can find problems like

instanceof will always return false in
org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.showSecurityWarnings(),
since a org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.entry.Value can't be a byte[]
(http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/bugDescriptions.html#BC_IMPOSSIBLE_INSTANCEOF)

Inconsistent synchronization of
org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.started; locked
50% of time
(http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/bugDescriptions.html#IS2_INCONSISTENT_SYNC)

Write to static field
org.apache.directory.server.core.authz.DefaultAuthorizationInterceptor.USER_BASE_DN
from instance method
(http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/bugDescriptions.html#ST_WRITE_TO_STATIC_FROM_INSTANCE_METHOD)

Felix