Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Manpreet Singh <ma...@sourcefuse.com> on 2015/01/28 19:59:34 UTC

auto scaling apache storm

Hi,

I am a newbie to Apache Storm and analyzing it for a product. I am
comparing it with Gearman from parallel processing aspect. So far Apache
Storm seems to be winning on most of the aspects. But one of the important
aspect which I got stuck is 'auto-scale'. Auto-scale (up as well as down)
of storm resources doesn't look possible. This is critical for my product
as stream data could vary a lot through out the day. Having auto-scale will
save me cost as well as monitoring the usage every now and then.

Are there any workarounds to this problem with Apache Storm?

Thanks in advance.

-Manpreet.

Re: auto scaling apache storm

Posted by Ahmed El Rheddane <ah...@imag.fr>.
I believe rebalancing should be triggered by the user, using  the
command "storm rebalance" or its API equivalent. The rest is about right :)

Good luck,

Ahmed

Posted by Manpreet Singh <ma...@sourcefuse.com>.
Thanks a lot Ahmed.