Posted to user@hive.apache.org by ram kumar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/04 14:13:44 UTC

HBase table map to hive

Hi,

I have a hbase table with column name changes (increases) over time.
Is there a way to map such hbase to hive table,
inferring schema from the hbase table?

Thanks

Re: HBase table map to hive

Posted by naga sharathrayapati <sh...@gmail.com>.
If your schema is changing frequently I think it's better to use Avro for
schema evolution, and go with 'Avro Serde' with 'AvroContainerInputFormat'
&  'AvroContaineOutputFormat' for creating table in Hive from Hbase.

Re: HBase table map to hive

Posted by Wojciech Indyk <wo...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

Re: HBase table map to hive