Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/04 17:21:40 UTC

Re: Fwd: Localisation - how do we override it...

Hello Dan,

--- Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> wrote:
> > Now - do you think that the localization service from fulcrum be
> used
> > with a turbine-2 app?
>
> That's the ideal, but since I don't use Turbine 2 much I'm not sure
> what would be involved in that.  If it isn't currently usuable, it
> certainly wouldn't be difficult to backport from the
> jakarta-turbine-fulcrum to jakarta-turbine-2 repository.

I am trying to use the localization service from a recent fulcrum
build with turbine-2 (1 feb 2002), with jetspeed, but get an error
that the service does not implement Initable.

I presume this is one of the major changes from turbine-2 to 3...

Unless anyone has any suggestions, I will look at backporting the
localization changes that I want from fulcrum into turbine-2
localization... specifically the getString method and its related
calls.

Chris

=====
Need somewhere to Live in London? - Then go to http://freeflats.com

Re: Fwd: Localisation - how do we override it...

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hello Dan,
>
> --- Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> wrote:
> > > Now - do you think that the localization service from fulcrum be
>> used
>> > with a turbine-2 app?
>>
>> That's the ideal, but since I don't use Turbine 2 much I'm not sure
>> what would be involved in that.  If it isn't currently usuable, it
>> certainly wouldn't be difficult to backport from the
>> jakarta-turbine-fulcrum to jakarta-turbine-2 repository.
>>

> I am trying to use the localization service from a recent fulcrum
> build with turbine-2 (1 feb 2002), with jetspeed, but get an error
> that the service does not implement Initable.
>
> I presume this is one of the major changes from turbine-2 to 3...
>
> Unless anyone has any suggestions, I will look at backporting the
> localization changes that I want from fulcrum into turbine-2
> localization... specifically the getString method and its related
> calls.

That would be good.  Just `diff -u` the Fulcrum version against the
Turbine 2 version, and what you need to port should become evident.