Posted to dev@datasketches.apache.org by Jon Malkin <jm...@apache.org> on 2022/11/10 19:56:43 UTC

DataSketches-cpp 3.5.1 Released!

Hi DS Community,

We are pleased to announce the release of datasketches-cpp 3.5.1. This is a
patch release that addresses a couple issues.
1. The Python wheels on pypi should now work on Apple Silicon Macs
2. We fixed a serialization bug when theta and tuple sketches when the
sketch had no entries but was not empty (e.g. from intersecting two
disjoint sketches, where we can't guarantee the complete underlying sets
are disjoint)

This announcement was delayed for a bit as our website build was stuck, but
the download page
<https://datasketches.apache.org/docs/Community/Downloads.html> on the site
is now correct. And python users can pip install datasketches to get the
latest version, which should now work on all platforms (although it may
compile from source on a few  architectures)..

We're also entering final preparations for a 4.0 release, which will
include a number of API-breaking changes, and that will also set us up to
be able to improve python offerings in the future. This patch release was
to ensure that anyone who wasn't ready for an API change would have the
latest available known bugfixes.

Thank you,
  jon