Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/20 06:23:00 UTC

Issues when using blueprint

I try to use blueprints,  but fails with 2 problems.

One is when setup repo, another is when registering blueprint. Here’s the
errors I get

*Setup repo.*

curl -X PUT  -u admin:admin -d @repo.json -H 'X-Requested-By: ambari'
http://jzhang-test3-1.openstacklocal:8080/api/v1/stacks/HDP/versions/2.5/operating_systems/centos6/repositories/hw_repo

Error I get:

{

  "status" : 404,

  "message" :
"org.apache.ambari.server.controller.spi.NoSuchResourceException: The
specified resource doesn't exist: Stack data, stackName=HDP,
stackVersion=2.5, osType=centos6, repoId=hw_repo”

}

*Register blueprint*

curl -X POST -u admin:admin -d @dev_cluster.json -H 'X-Requested-By:
ambari'
http://jzhang-test3-1.openstacklocal:8080/api/v1/blueprints/dev_cluster

Error I get

{

  "status" : 400,

  "message" : "Blueprint configuration validation failed: Missing required
properties.  Specify a value for these properties in the blueprint
configuration. {host_group_1={kerberos-env=[kdc_type, kdc_hosts,
encryption_types, realm, ldap_url, container_dn]}}”

}

Attach are the request body file for these 2 cases.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: Issues when using blueprint

Posted by Jaimin Jetly <ja...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Jeff,​

Please navigate through REST APIs to see the valid resources as per your configured stack definition

Following API will list all OS defined for a stack version:

http://c6401.ambari.apache.org:8080/api/v1/stacks/HDP/versions/2.4/operating_systems<http://c6401.ambari.apache.org:8080/api/v1/stacks/HDP/versions/2.5/operating_systems>

Then pick the OS you are interested to see details of:

http://c6401.ambari.apache.org:8080/api/v1/stacks/HDP/versions/2.4/operating_systems/redhat6/

Now select the repository that you are interested to look:

1. http://c6401.ambari.apache.org:8080/api/v1/stacks/HDP/versions/2.4/operating_systems/redhat6/repositories/HDP-2.4

2. http://c6401.ambari.apache.org:8080/api/v1/stacks/HDP/versions/2.4/operating_systems/redhat6/repositories/HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.20

you can look at similar stack APIs for 2.5 version resource as well.

Hope this helps!

-- Thanks

    Jaimin

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.