Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by David Gradwell <da...@gradwell.com> on 2020/05/19 15:01:10 UTC

Native packaging for Mac OSX now works with 12.0 beta 4 using Ant

I had previously reported issues with native packaging on 12/0 beta 3 – see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-4272?filter=-2

If one applies the same fix as reported there (Change netbeans.conf to point to a JDK 1.8 installation home) I can report that for a suitable Ant java project I can successfully clean build and package for Mac OS X as a .dmg and then drag the application from the .dmg to “Applications” and then run the application all successfully.

The application is quite complex, uses Maven sub-projects, postgresql and much else so this is a good test.

Note that I have an installed Apple developer ID which I think is a requirement for this to work.

Thanks to whoever fixed this.

Note that for a Maven project there would seem to be no “Packaging” option on Properties/Build.  I guess this would be a post 12.0 feature request.  Does anyone know a work around?  I’m investigating javapackager see  https://docs.oracle.com/javase/9/tools/javapackager.htm#JSWOR719 that can take the output of my Maven projects.  I would then no longer have to use Ant at all.

Regards

David