Posted to ivy-dev@incubator.apache.org by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/07 06:50:46 UTC

I think we have to make a report this month?  What did we have to say?

Some idea:
- First release done, foccus on the integration with maven repository
- Talk of Xavier at ApacheCon
- New commiter  :-)
- Discussion, decision (and start of action) about code conventions
- ????

I also would like to see where we should do better,  what do we need
to enhance, what is still missing to be graduated.  I have 2 ideas
(having a wider community, having a roadmap), but I guess a mentor
could say more about that.

BTW, who is suposed to write the report?  Is it the mentors, the PPMC
(or the dev community)?

Also, I notice that our status page has no link to the previous report.

Best Regards,

--
Gilles SCOKART

Re: Report this month

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
This time we are getting closer to our quarterly report (due on july 11th).

What do we have to say? Ideas based on Gilles one from last month:
- First release done, focus on the integration with maven repository
- Talk of Xavier at ApacheCon
- New commiter
- Discussion, decision and start of action about code conventions
- Discussion about our road map for up coming releases
- Discussion about remaining steps before graduation, one of the remaining
points is trademark checking
- Agreed on targetting Ant subproject for graduation

Comments? Anything else?

Xavier

On 6/7/07, Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think we have to make a report this month?  What did we have to say?
>
> Some idea:
> - First release done, foccus on the integration with maven repository
> - Talk of Xavier at ApacheCon
> - New commiter  :-)
> - Discussion, decision (and start of action) about code conventions
> - ????
>

> I also would like to see where we should do better,  what do we need
> to enhance, what is still missing to be graduated.  I have 2 ideas
> (having a wider community, having a roadmap), but I guess a mentor
> could say more about that.
>

> BTW, who is suposed to write the report?  Is it the mentors, the PPMC
> (or the dev community)?
>
> Also, I notice that our status page has no link to the previous report.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> --
> Gilles SCOKART

Creator of Ivy, xooki and xoocode.org
More about me: http://xhab.blogspot.com/

Re: Report this month

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 6/7/07, Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think we have to make a report this month?

Our last report was in April, so our next one is in july. At the beginning
we had some troubles with the reporting date, and thus we get lost. But now
I think things are in order and according to the june report template [1] we
are not expected to report this month. But we can still think in advance
about this.

  What did we have to say?

> Some idea:
> - First release done, foccus on the integration with maven repository
> - Talk of Xavier at ApacheCon
> - New commiter  :-)
> - Discussion, decision (and start of action) about code conventions
> - ????

Seems like good ideas. The new committer will be the major point I think for
this report, together with the release. If we have a look at the last report
[2], it was two of the main items to resolve before graduation.

> I also would like to see where we should do better,  what do we need
> to enhance, what is still missing to be graduated.  I have 2 ideas
> (having a wider community, having a roadmap), but I guess a mentor
> could say more about that.

This is something that need to be discussed indeed, but I'd prefer  to start
another thread to make things obvious.

BTW, who is suposed to write the report?  Is it the mentors, the PPMC
> (or the dev community)?

It's not necessarily the mentors (I wrote the last one), but maybe a PPMC
member, I don't know. Is there someone who know out there?

Also, I notice that our status page has no link to the previous report.

Could a mentor fix this (I have no write access to this page).

Xavier

[1]  http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/June2007
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2007

Best Regards,