Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Matthew Smart <ms...@smartsoftwareinc.com> on 2016/08/11 12:14:49 UTC

VPN User/Pass printed in plain text during boot of VRouter

Sorry. My subject line was incorrect.

Hey guys,

I am new to Cloudstack and Apache (from a dev perspective) so forgive me
if this is not the proper place for this... and let me know where I
should be reporting issues like this.

I am getting Remote Access VPN configured in my test environment and in
my debugging I noticed that if you view the VRouter's console while it
is booting it prints out the vpn usernames and passwords in plaintext.

I am sure some debug statements just got left in by accident.

I am running Cloudstack 4.8.0 and using SystemVM Template version 4.6
for KVM.

Thanks,

Matthew Smart
President
Smart Software Solutions Inc.
108 S Pierre St.
Pierre, SD 57501

Phone: (605) 280-0383
Skype: msmart13
Email: msmart@smartsoftwareinc.com

Re: VPN User/Pass printed in plain text during boot of VRouter

Posted by John Burwell <jo...@shapeblue.com>.
Matthew,

Thank you for the report.  I have forwarded this report to security@ for further investigation.

Thanks,
-John

john.burwell@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London VA WC2N 4HSUK
@shapeblue