Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Lewin Joy (TMS)" <le...@toyota.com> on 2015/12/21 21:15:55 UTC

Is Pivoted Grouping possible?

Hi,

I am working with Solr 4.10.3 . And we are trying to retrieve some documents under for categories and sub-categories.
With grouping we are able to bring n number of records under each group.
Could we have a pivoted grouping where I could bring the results from sub-categories?

Example:

Apparel
                Shirts
                                {id:1, Blue shirt}
                                {id:2, Green shirt}
                Pants
                                {id:10, Blue Pants}
                                {id:20, Grey Pants}
Sports
                Basketball
                                {id:45, Black Basketball}
                                {id:32, Basketball hoop}

I know we could bring the number of records under each sub-category using facet.pivot=category,sub-cat .
Also grouping could give me records under each groups.
Is there a way we could combine this to give us pivoting groups? Or is there an alternative to bring about these results?

Thanks,
Lewin

RE: Is Pivoted Grouping possible?

Posted by "Lewin Joy (TMS)" <le...@toyota.com>.
If there is even a way to have a string concatenate function, we could bring out similar result sets. Is that possible?

-Lewin