Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@wkwyw.net> on 2002/11/09 21:24:07 UTC

PNG's in PDF

Quite some time ago I knocked together the FO xsl stylesheets. However,
I was unable to get images to work due to problems in FOP with
filepaths. I am now revisiting thes stylesheets as I need images.

In looking for a solution I (naturally) found myself at the FOP site,
and to my surprise found that their PDF's show images (for example,
http://xml.apache.org/fop/index.pdf).

I've looked in their CVS and they don't appear to be using a custom skin
and there are no tricks (that I can see) in the sitemap. So how do they
do it? A possible hint is own their home page which states "The PDF
files on this site are created using current CVS."

Ross

Re: PNG's in PDF

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@wkwyw.net>.
Keiron Liddle wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-11-09 at 21:24, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>Quite some time ago I knocked together the FO xsl stylesheets. However,
>>I was unable to get images to work due to problems in FOP with
>>filepaths. I am now revisiting thes stylesheets as I need images.
>>
>>In looking for a solution I (naturally) found myself at the FOP site,
>>and to my surprise found that their PDF's show images (for example,
>>http://xml.apache.org/fop/index.pdf).
>>I've looked in their CVS and they don't appear to be using a custom skin
>>and there are no tricks (that I can see) in the sitemap. So how do they
>>do it? A possible hint is own their home page which states "The PDF
>>files on this site are created using current CVS."
>

> It does use current fop cvs, but there is a patch to cocoon that is "on
> my hard drive" (TM). I am thinking about where to put it (I am open to
> bribes to make me think faster).

Well, right now, the only bribe I can make is my unending gratitude and
acknowledgements of Forrest/Cocoon/FOP in my soon to be published PhD
Thesis.

After that's complete I'll find you and buy you a very large beer, or
beverage of your choice (oh yeah, and I'll find more time to actually
contribute to these projects rather than make demands on the developers)

Ross

Re: PNG's in PDF

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.