Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/02 19:51:33 UTC

[VOTE][all] Switch to Jira

I'd like to call a vote that we switch to Jira. Here's the loose migration plan:

* Make Bugzilla read-only
* Import Commons project in Bugzilla into Commons project in JIRA
 This will pull over users, components, versions etc.
* Setup notification scheme
* Setup permission scheme
* Setup group
* For each of the 37 components
** Create new project - name: "Commons Xxxx",  key  "XXXX".
** Assign notification, permission and group
** Create relevant versions
** View component, bulk move all issues to new project
* Cleanup Commons project (we'll  still use it as a
catch-all). Delete components/versions.

The 37 components don't all have to be set up at the same time, we can
take our time to move things out of the Commons project and into the
individual Commons Foo projects.

[ ] +1
[ ] -1

Vote to last 72 hours, 3 +1s required, 3/4 of active vote being +1.

Hen

Re: [VOTE][all] Switch to Jira

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [VOTE][all] Switch to Jira

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
+1..

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: [VOTE][all] Switch to Jira

Posted by Don Brown <do...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE][all] Switch to Jira

Posted by "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com>.

Re: [VOTE][all] Switch to Jira

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

--
Martin Cooper

Re: [VOTE][all] Switch to Jira

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
> > [X] +1
> > [ ] -1

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: [VOTE][all] Switch to Jira

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
+0.5

Re: [VOTE][all] Switch to Jira

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE][all] Switch to Jira

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
They need to be migrated over when Atlassian has a way to accomplish this (at least I heard there
was no option yet to export a project and reimport it again in another jira instance)

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: [VOTE][all] Switch to Jira

Posted by Felipe Leme <fe...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE][all] Switch to Jira

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
+1

[RESULT][all] Switch to Jira

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
14 +1s
1 +0.5s

So the move to Jira is on.

I did a practice one the other day and things seemed to work. I even
did some Jelly scripting to automate some parts of the migration.

Hen

Re: [VOTE][all] Switch to Jira

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1