Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Patrick Mayweg <ma...@qint.de> on 2003/12/16 06:00:47 UTC

Request for including patches into branch 0.35.0 and 1.0

Hallo everbody,
I am sorry, but I would like to have 3 recent patches added to the
0.35.0 and 1.0 branches. All patches are local to the javahl bindings. I
have not field issues yet.

r8009
    A recent change in svn_auth_ssl_server_trust_prompt_func_t made the
javahl binding uncompilable. This changes my implmentation of that
function type.

r8010
    I have found a crash in the javahl module, which happened because I
was passing native path styles into the svn_client_* functions.

r8011
    A small addition the README file, which is important for building
javahl on MacOS X.

How should I proceed?

Regards,
Patrick

Re: POLL (Request for including patches into branch 0.35.0 and 1.0)

Posted by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net>.
On Wednesday 17 December 2003 05:02, Erik Huelsmann wrote:
> > I thought Karl was urging us to wait until Friday before voting.  FWIW, I
> > +1
> > r8009 as well.
>
> He did, but we can't include this in 0.35.0 if we vote after the
> release....

Aha!  Missed that.  Thanks Erik.

-John

Re: POLL (Request for including patches into branch 0.35.0 and 1.0)

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <e....@gmx.net>.
> I thought Karl was urging us to wait until Friday before voting.  FWIW, I
> +1
> r8009 as well.

He did, but we can't include this in 0.35.0 if we vote after the release....

bye,

Erik.

Re: POLL (Request for including patches into branch 0.35.0 and 1.0)

Posted by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net>.
On Wednesday 17 December 2003 15:19, kfogel@collab.net wrote:
> John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net> writes:
> > I thought Karl was urging us to wait until Friday before voting.  FWIW, I
> > +1 r8009 as well.
>
> Yes, in general.  The current time is a bit slippery because it's
> about both the 0.35.0 release and the 1.0 release.  Even if 1.0 were
> not coming soon, though, these changes would have been appropriate for
> any interim release that was still in its "soak" period, that's why I
> +1'd them.  And, after all, they are crash fixes :-).

Sorry, I wasn't questioning your judgement... after all, I gave it a +1 as
well.  I thought you were seeking some sort of coordination on our part to
make it easier to count votes, or something along those lines.  I didn't
realize that there was a seperate vote going on already for 0.35.0 stuff.

Thanks for the clarification though.

-John

Re: POLL (Request for including patches into branch 0.35.0 and 1.0)

Posted by kf...@collab.net.

Posted by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net>.

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <e....@gmx.net>.
> Hi Jostein,
> Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >When looking at the posts on this threads, I see that this is the status
> >so far about commiting the changes:
> >
> >r8009 +1 kfogel
> >       0
> >      -1
> >r8010 +1 dionisos kfogel bliss
> >       0
> >      -1
> >r8011 +1 dionisos kfogel bliss
> >       0
> >      -1
> >
> >About r8009:
> >I'm +1 on it (but that don't count as my commit access are partial). So
> >If we applies the 1.0 release rules on 0.35.0 (which posting on this
> >thread suggests) then r8009 will not be merged.
> >One thing to notice is that all of you are talking about r8009 issues,
> >but only Karl votes. May I have your votes for r8009 please? :-)
> >

> Without 8009, you can forget about javahl, because it will not compile.

Yeah, sorry for the confusion, I'm +1 on on too, but I meant to raise the
question whether it was a solution to something already in the 0.35.0 branch.
It has been confirmed to be.

r8009 +1 kfogel dionisos

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.
On Wednesday 17 December 2003 09.40, Patrick Mayweg wrote:

> Without 8009, you can forget about javahl, because it will not
> compile.

hrmf.. Then I can assume that I have 3 x +1s on all of them, right?

A commit to the release branch is on the way soon..

Jostein

--
http://www.josander.net/kontakt/ ||
http://www.josander.net/en/contact/

Re: POLL (Request for including patches into branch 0.35.0 and 1.0)

Posted by Patrick Mayweg <ma...@qint.de>.
Hi Jostein,

Posted by Patrick Mayweg <ma...@qint.de>.
Hi Jostein,
Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:

>On Wednesday 17 December 2003 09.29, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:
>
>Thanks for the votes guys!
>
>The r8009, r8010 and r8011 are merged to branch 0.35.0 as r8025.
>
>Note that this will go into 1.0 as well.
>
>Jostein

Thanks. I did know that it will go into 1.0 also.

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.
Hi,

[...]

Re: Request for including patches into branch 0.35.0 and 1.0

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Patrick Mayweg <ma...@qint.de> writes:
> > As mentioned last time, fixing things like this is why whe have one
> > week from branching until release.  Compile and crash fixes should
> > go in as long as the risk of side-effects is minimal, and that is
> > definately the case here.
> >
> > Note that everything that goes into the 0.35 branch will
> > automatically end up in the 1.0 branch since it will be created from
> > the 0.35 tag (when it has been created).  I think it's best to wait
> > for one more +1 before Jostein merges this into the 0.35 branch, for
> > formalitys sake.  A veto from Jostein is possible of course, but not
> > likely in this case.

I'm +1 on all 3, Patrick.  Two crash fixes and a necessary README fix?
Sounds like a win...

Re: Request for including patches into branch 0.35.0 and 1.0

Posted by Patrick Mayweg <ma...@qint.de>.
Hi Tobias,
Tobias Ringström wrote:

> Erik Huelsmann wrote:
>
>> Hi Patrick,
>>
>>> r8009
>>>    A recent change in svn_auth_ssl_server_trust_prompt_func_t made
>>> the javahl binding uncompilable. This changes my implmentation of
>>> that function type.
>>

>> If you follow the changes in the Subversion API, could you mention the
>> revision number of the change which you are following? There has been
>> quite a
>> large checkin by Tobias. If you are following that checkin with this
>> change, then
>> it's not in 0.35.0 yet. As soon as he creates an issue for applying
>> it to
>> 1.0, you could mention your dependency in the issue tracker.
>

> Thanks Erik, but this particular change is an adaption for r7975 which
> is already in the 0.35 branch.
>
> Patrick, I committed another API change in r8006 that I hope to get
> into the 1.0 branch but not the 0.35 branch.  I have one more API
> change lined up that I will commit shortly.  After that the API should
> be stable for a long time.

I have commited 8012, which aplied that changes to javahl. I hope both
change can be put into the 1.0 branch together.
For the next change, could send me a reminder by personal mail, so that
I can follow up with my commit as fast as possible. Or could you send me
a diff before you commit? I would answer with a diff which would contain
the matching javahl changes-

>>> r8010
>>>    I have found a crash in the javahl module, which happened because
>>> I was passing native path styles into the svn_client_* functions.
>>>
>>> r8011
>>>    A small addition the README file, which is important for building
>>> javahl on MacOS X.
>>

>> These two seem like the type of change we also applied to 0.34.0 after
>> branching. I'd say they should go into 0.35.0.
>

> I second that (i.e. +1), but there is a lot of whitespace confusion
> going on in those files...

I have to do a lot of cleanup to do. But that is not relevant for 1.0.

> As mentioned last time, fixing things like this is why whe have one
> week from branching until release.  Compile and crash fixes should go
> in as long as the risk of side-effects is minimal, and that is
> definately the case here.
>
> Note that everything that goes into the 0.35 branch will automatically
> end up in the 1.0 branch since it will be created from the 0.35 tag
> (when it has been created).  I think it's best to wait for one more +1
> before Jostein merges this into the 0.35 branch, for formalitys sake.
> A veto from Jostein is possible of course, but not likely in this case.
>
> /Tobias

Patrick

Re: Request for including patches into branch 0.35.0 and 1.0

Posted by Tobias Ringström <to...@ringstrom.mine.nu>.

Posted by Patrick Mayweg <ma...@qint.de>.
Hi Erik,
Erik Huelsmann wrote:

>Hi Patrick,
>

>>r8009
>>    A recent change in svn_auth_ssl_server_trust_prompt_func_t made the
>>javahl binding uncompilable. This changes my implmentation of that
>>function type.
>>

>If you follow the changes in the Subversion API, could you mention the
>revision number of the change which you are following? There has been quite a
>large checkin by Tobias. If you are following that checkin with this change, then
>it's not in 0.35.0 yet. As soon as he creates an issue for applying it to
>1.0, you could mention your dependency in the issue tracker.

It is in the 0.35.0 branch already. svn blame tells me that the line was
last changed in r7975 by bliss.

>>r8010
>>    I have found a crash in the javahl module, which happened because I
>>was passing native path styles into the svn_client_* functions.
>>
>>r8011
>>    A small addition the README file, which is important for building
>>javahl on MacOS X.
>>

>These two seem like the type of change we also applied to 0.34.0 after
>branching. I'd say they should go into 0.35.0.
>

>>How should I proceed?
>>

>For 0.35.0 you made the right step at sending your request to the list.  1.0
>will be branched off from the 0.35.0 tag, so if these changes make it into
>0.35.0, they will go into 1.0. If they don't make it into 0.35.0, there is a
>new section in HACKING describing the procedure for requesting it to be in
>1.0.
>
>bye,
>
>Erik.

Patrick

Re: Request for including patches into branch 0.35.0 and 1.0

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <e....@gmx.net>.
Hi Patrick,

"Erik Huelsmann" <e....@gmx.net> writes:
> > Merge all of what??
>
> http://www.contactor.se/~dast/svn/archive-2003-12/0814.shtml
>
> The fixes which make javahl compilable?

Thank you.  I already +1'd these, I recall.  I believe Jostein got
enough approvals from other committers too, but let's let him do the
counting.  (Formally, I suppose, we could open an issue for the
approvals, but they're javahl bindings, not core code.  Far be it from
me to get bureaucratic on him :-) ).

-K

Re: Request for including patches into branch 0.35.0 and 1.0

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <e....@gmx.net>.
> "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net> writes:
> > If no objections arrives, then I merge all of them into the 0.35.0
> branch
> > tomorrow (CET) (?).
>
> Merge all of what??
>
> You're scaring me...

http://www.contactor.se/~dast/svn/archive-2003-12/0814.shtml

The fixes which make javahl compilable?

bye,

erik.

Re: Request for including patches into branch 0.35.0 and 1.0

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
"Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net> writes:
> If no objections arrives, then I merge all of them into the 0.35.0 branch
> tomorrow (CET) (?).

Merge all of what??

You're scaring me...

Re: Request for including patches into branch 0.35.0 and 1.0