Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com> on 2011/05/06 22:04:47 UTC

Re: HADOOP-7106: Re-organize hadoop subversion layout

Hey folks,

FYI I'm in the process of loading one of the SVN dumps onto a server here.

MAN is it slow. Going maybe 2 revisions/sec.... so I should have an SVN
replica in somewhere around a week to test with.

@Infra: I don't suppose it's possible to get a writable snapshot mounted
somehow? If I recall correctly, ZFS supports this and svn.apache.org runs
ZFS?

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: HADOOP-7106: Re-organize hadoop subversion layout

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
You might want to look around at the options for imports more. I know
when I was doing git-svn clones it was doing something stupid like 1
rev/s until I found a --log-window setting. Not sure if that's from
the git layer or the svn layer but it made orders of magnitude
difference.

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.