Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/08 17:29:02 UTC

list of developed protocols

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to list publicly available
MINA protocol implementations?

For instance, if there is a protocol handler that someone has
written(WebDAV, SMTP, FTP..etc) it would be put on this list.  The
list could be referenced on the MINA web site.

What do you think?

Re: Behaviour of close

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Dec 10, 2006, at 5:27 AM, Benoit Hudzia wrote:
> When session.close() is called, does the close take precedence over
> other
> operation or does it wait for the previous operation ( ex : message
> send )
> to  be finished to execute itself .

it closes immediately. if you want to close after writing a message,
put a listener on the WriteFuture that closes the connection (there
is a canned listener to do this available with mina)
-pete

(ps, please don't reply to a message and change the subject to start
a new thread. rather, compose a new message to dev@mina.apache.org)

Behaviour of close

Posted by Benoit Hudzia <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I m currently developing a p2p application using mina and I have a question
about the behaviour of the close method:

When session.close() is called, does the close take precedence over other
operation or does it wait for the previous operation ( ex : message send )
to  be finished to execute itself .

Or the behaviour is random depending of how the thread are invoked ...

Thanks

Benoit Hudzia
Parallel Computing Research Group
School of Computer Science & Informatics
University College Dublin
Ireland

Tel: +353 1 716 2403
Fax: +353 1 269 7262
E-mail: benoit [dot] hudzia [at] ucd [dot] ie

Re: list of developed protocols

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

On 12/9/06, Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone think it would be a good idea to list publicly available
> MINA protocol implementations?

Yes, it's a great idea.

For instance, if there is a protocol handler that someone has
> written(WebDAV, SMTP, FTP..etc) it would be put on this list.  The
> list could be referenced on the MINA web site.
>
> What do you think?

Yep.  Let me create a page that lists customer projects of MINA.

Everyone, please reply to this message if you know any project that depends
on MINA in case I forgot one of them.  :)

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6