Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Gareth Reakes <ga...@decisionsoft.com> on 2002/11/29 17:52:08 UTC

Re: Request to open interface

Hi Peter,
	I'm playing around quite a lot in this code at the moment for
ODMTypeInfo so I can add the code you suggest. Is the access given by
getDatatypeValidator not sufficient? What is the use case you have for
requiring this? I'm wondering as I am adding in a few bits and pieces and
want to make sure I have not missed anything.

Gareth

--
Gareth Reakes, Head of Product Development
DecisionSoft Ltd.            http://www.decisionsoft.com

Re: Request to open interface

Posted by "Peter A. Volchek" <Pe...@ti.com.od.ua>.
> Whats the bug number? Ill take a look.
12188, 12238

Re: Request to open interface

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@decisionsoft.com>.
Hey,

> I need to get access to all existing simple types.
> (btw. The full access to all complex types can be requested by
>     RefHashTableOf<ComplexTypeInfo>* getComplexTypeRegistry() const;
>     method of the SchemaGrammar
> )

OK, Ill add it in.

> --------------------------
> ODMTypeInfo
>
> Will it appear in the next release?

I really hope so. Its quite far along. Its taken a bit longer than I hoped
because I'm also trying to start setting up some stuff for PSVI.

> I may provide you with the path (also exists in bugzilla) fixing the
> datatype types hierarchy,

Whats the bug number? Ill take a look.

> as well as the methods which return Simple and
> Complex type names

I have that in there already :) I needed it as well.

>, and information if the type was declared anonymously.

Don't have that. Ill happily add it in. Could you check out what the method
should be called in the PSVI stuff if appropriate?

> I'm concerned that this code appear in the coming Xerces release.

As am I, Id like to release an alpha of Pathan 2 before Christmas and I
need the DOMTypeInfo in there so we can use a stable build. I really dont
see a problem. Im sure I can finish all this stuff within a week (devel
time not elapsed). At the very least Ill commit all of the supporting
stuff.

Gareth

Posted by "Peter A. Volchek" <Pe...@ti.com.od.ua>.
Hi Gareth,

DatatypeValidator* getDatatypeValidator(const XMLCh* const dvType) const
assumes that you know the datatype name.
I need to get access to all existing simple types.
(btw. The full access to all complex types can be requested by
    RefHashTableOf<ComplexTypeInfo>* getComplexTypeRegistry() const;
    method of the SchemaGrammar
)
ODMTypeInfo

Will it appear in the next release?
I may provide you with the path (also exists in bugzilla) fixing the
datatype types hierarchy, as well as the methods which return Simple and
Complex type names, and information if the type was declared anonymously.