Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by chethan <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/04 07:52:15 UTC

Nutch + GATE on Amazon EMR

I have setup Nutch to crawl on Amazon EMR and I have a plugin that
uses GATE<https://gate.ac.uk/> for
text processing in the Indexing filters. GATE requires certain static
resources (some xmls and text files) to be loaded for it to be initialized.
I tried to bundle these resources in the job jar and load them from the
classpath but that didn't work. I also tried copying them to HDFS and

What is the best way to bundle such static resources and reference them in
the Indexing filters? I am working on copying the file to the distributed
cache and loading it from there but I wanted to know how others are
handling this. Thanks.

Chethan Prasad

Re: Nutch + GATE on Amazon EMR

Posted by feng lu <am...@gmail.com>.
Maybe you can build this resources into plugin jar package like
"language-identifier" plugin and load them at run time.

--
Don't Grow Old, Grow Up... :-)

Re: Nutch + GATE on Amazon EMR

Posted by feng lu <am...@gmail.com>.
If you are run nutch on hadoop cluster, the logs corresponding to each
mapper and reducer of each phase.

--
Don't Grow Old, Grow Up... :-)

Re: Nutch + GATE on Amazon EMR