Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rumpa Giri <rg...@dentalxchange.com> on 2003/10/22 01:18:15 UTC

RE: newbie question : List vs. ArrayList vs. [ ]

Reading the guide, suggested that use the Specific type array. So is this
the preferred way?

Java Collections
Some of the Collection classes, such as Hashtable, do have serializers, but
there is no formal interoperability with other SOAP implementations, and
nothing in the SOAP specifications which covers complex objects. The most
reliable way to send aggregate objects is to use arrays. In particular, .NET
cannot handle them, though many Java SOAP implementations can marshall and
unmarshall hash tables.