Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org> on 2005/11/09 23:14:57 UTC

A bug in deploy:unpackServer?

Hi,

I've just came across a question and am not sure if I'm correct (well,
even if I am, it's always better to hear it from others, isn't it? ;))

There's the targetDir attribute of deploy:unpackServer (you can take a
look at the source in
.maven\cache\geronimo-deployment-plugin-1.0-SNAPSHOT\plugin.jelly). The
tag unpackServer checks whether targetDir is empty and if it is it sets
  its value to maven.build.dir property. However, it is not used in the
tag, afterwards, but the maven.build.dir. targetDir attr is used later
on in copyVar tag.

So, I'm proposing two changes to the plugin:

1/ Replace maven.build.dir with targetDir

and

2/ introduce a property so that copyVar is not executed even though var
directory exists.

Thoughts, comments?

Jacek

Re: A bug in deploy:unpackServer?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Nov 9, 2005, at 2:14 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just came across a question and am not sure if I'm correct (well,
> even if I am, it's always better to hear it from others, isn't it? ;))
>
> There's the targetDir attribute of deploy:unpackServer (you can take a
> look at the source in
> .maven\cache\geronimo-deployment-plugin-1.0-SNAPSHOT\plugin.jelly).
> The tag unpackServer checks whether targetDir is empty and if it is it
> sets  its value to maven.build.dir property. However, it is not used
> in the tag, afterwards, but the maven.build.dir. targetDir attr is
> used later on in copyVar tag.
>
> So, I'm proposing two changes to the plugin:
>
> 1/ Replace maven.build.dir with targetDir

good idea :-)

> and
>
> 2/ introduce a property so that copyVar is not executed even though
> var directory exists.

Well, can you explain why you would use this?   Why would you have a
var directory with something you didn't want copied?

thanks
david jencks